So you’re ready to sell your home in Fort Worth, Texas, but the holidays are right around the corner. Is it a bad idea to list now? Should you wait until January, or even until spring to list your house for sale? Here’s everything you need to know about selling your home during the holidays.
There’s no single right answer when it comes to whether or not you should sell your home during the holiday season. There are good and bad things about listing in November or December. Here’s a look at some of the pros.
- Less inventory = less competition. Far fewer people sell their houses during the holidays. People are set in their school and work routines for the year and they’re preparing for a season of holiday parties and events. It’s not exactly the best time to move. Because of this, the housing inventory is typically extremely low during the holidays. It’s rough for buyers, but that’s a great thing when you’re selling because it means you’re up against a lot less competition.
- Festive homes attract buyers. Staging your home is a lot of work, but during the holidays it’s nothing more than decorating like you normally would. Houses decked with lights, decorated trees, and stockings feel cozy and give buyers that warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
- Job transfers often happen at the end of the year. Many employees find out about job transfers at the end of the year and will be shopping for a home during the holidays. College students graduating at the end of the winter semester might also come out in force, and with fewer homes on the market at that time, your home could be getting a lot of love and attention from buyers.
Selling your home during the holidays might have its perks, but it’s not all sunshine and roses. Some of the cons of listing near the end of the year include:
- You might not get as much for your house. Selling in the summer when more buyers are out can often mean bidding wars that lead to a higher selling price for your home. That’s not unheard of in the winter months, but it is much less common.
- It might take longer to sell. Listing your home in a non-peak time can sometimes mean more days on the market. Just like there are fewer homes for sale, there are fewer buyers out house shopping. If you choose to sell during the holidays, you’ll need to be patient.
Joe Homebuyer Dallas Will Buy Your Texas Home
Are you ready to sell your home, but worried about getting it sold during the holidays? Joe Homebuyer Dallas is here to help. We’ll buy your home in Fort Worth, Texas, or any of the surrounding cities including Dallas, McKinney, and Station Park, no matter what time of year it is. Just tell us a little bit about your home and we’ll make you a cash offer in as little as 24 hours. We can close on any day you choose and you won’t pay any fees or commissions. Contact us today to get a cash offer on your home!